Wednesday, March 02, 2005

 

Yawn....

Linares Round 7 was the dullest round so far. The previous rounds typically had one decisive game, one interesting draw and one short draw. Considering, yesterday was a rest day, there is no plausible explanation why today was so boring. Perhaps they were enjoying resting so much, they didn't want to stop. There aren't any Scots there so I doubt they would be hung over.

Vallejo versus Leko went a whole 13 moves! Vallejo had a slightly better position and there was no reason to draw so early! While hard fought draws are an aspect of chess, I tire of "Grandmaster draws." The problem is that an even position isn't necessarily a drawn position. There's a difference. What will we see next? 1. e4 e5 draw.

Hence, I am disallusioned and am predicting all three games to be drawn tomorrow.
Adams-Topalov 1/2 Kasparov-Leko 1/2 Vallejo-Kasimdzhanov 1/2

I'm actually busy preparing for a tournament of my own this weekend. My openings needed work so I've been brushing up on them. I've now worked my way up to the U1800 section, so the competition gets increasingly harder.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?